I wish to extend a special thanks to Yvette of In So Many Words..., who gifted me with the 2012 Blogger of the Year Award, which in turn originated from The Thought Palette. While I am not able to comply with all of the requirements of the award (because I enjoy all of my blogging friends too much to single out any favorites), I'll reveal seven personal things about myself, as requested:
- I started collecting antiques at the age of eight, and my first purchase was a set of glass slides from a magic lantern show.
- I took calligraphy classes from Arnold Bank, who was Art Director of Time magazine from 1941-1947.
- I collect books on Thomas Jefferson's home, Monticello.
- I keep extensive log books and have recorded each of my days for decades.
- Family pets once included an orphaned baby groundhog.
- I give occasional workshops on creating mandalas.
- I work two or three crossword puzzles every day.
Thanks again, Yvette, for your lovely gesture.